What You Can Do on MyMedicare.gov
This article was updated on: 09/09/2018
If you’re a Medicare beneficiary or soon to become one, you may be interested in visiting the MyMedicare.gov web site. Sponsored by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), MyMedicare.gov provides a wealth of information and online tools designed to help Medicare beneficiaries access and help manage their health-care information – at no cost to you.
How you might use MyMedicare.gov
Once you have opened a personal account on the site, you can use tools on MyMedicare.gov to put this information to use to meet your personal health care and coverage needs. For example, you can:
- Check your Medicare information: use this feature to keep track of your Medicare claims and other relevant benefit information.
- Check your preventive services information: find out when you got your most recent flu shot, cardiovascular disease screening, or other preventive services.
- Verify your medical and prescription drug enrollment information: use this feature to have a record of your Medicare coverage decisions – for example, enrollment in a Medicare-approved stand-alone Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plan or a Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug plan, or enrollment in Original Medicare Part A and Part B.
- Check your Part B deductible: verify the amount of your Part B (medical insurance) deductible for the year and whether your deductible has been met by your current year payments for medical care and services.
- Manage your prescription drug list and other personal health information: use this feature to keep track of your prescriptions as well as other health needs.
- Create On the Go Reports: print a report of your health information to share with your doctor and/or caregiver.
I hope you found this an informative introduction to MyMedicare.gov and how it can help you. If you would like additional information about Medicare and your coverage, please feel free to contact me. Use the link on this page to schedule a call from me or request personalized Medicare plan options to review. If you want to compare plans right now, use the gold “Find Plans” button on this page.