Does Medicare Cover Massage Therapy?

Victoria Burke by Victoria Burke | Licensed since 2011
Print

This article was updated on: 09/10/2018

Find Affordable Medicare Plans in Your Area



Original Medicare does not cover massage therapy. Services that are not covered by Medicare are the sole responsibility of the patient. Medicare Part B does pay for medically necessary forms of therapy, including physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech-language pathology services. In some cases, Medicare Part B will cover chiropractic services if they are medically necessary and are meant to correct a subluxation of the spine. In most cases, Original Medicare pays 80% of the cost for this treatment, but the patient is responsible for the other 20% and all other tests and services performed by the chiropractor.

You may have additional questions about Medicare coverage, including other Medicare plan options that might provide you with additional massage therapy benefits. Let me help you get those answers. To learn a bit more about me, click the “View profile” link below. Or, use the links below to schedule a phone appointment or request an email containing personalized Medicare information tailored to your needs. If you’d like to browse plans that can cover all your needs, use the Compare Plans buttons.

Find Affordable Medicare Plans in Your Area





Victoria Burke |
View profile
Licensed Insurance Agent since 2011
1- 844-847-2659
TTY users 711
Mon - Fri, 8am - 8pm ET


Compare Medicare
Plans and Save

Our shoppers found an average saving of $541/year*

Compare Plans


Can’t Find the Answer You’re Looking For?

  • saying Talk to a Licensed Insurance Agent
  • 1-844-847-2659
  • TTY Users 711
  • Mon - Fri, 8am - 8pm ET

Licensed Insurance Agents

Let us help you learn more about your Medicare plan options

8.9 out of 10
rating

9.1 out of 10
rating

8.8 out of 10
rating