How to Enroll in a Medicare Advantage Plan
This article was updated on: 11/23/2018
Did you find a Medicare Advantage plan that you feel meets your needs? Now that you’ve found the plan you want, here’s how to enroll in the Medicare Advantage plan of your choice.
How to enroll in Medicare Advantage
You might be surprised at how easy it can be to enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan.
There’s an easy, quick way that lets you:
- Compare Medicare Advantage plans in your area, including your costs such as premiums, coinsurance, and deductibles
- Find out if they cover your prescription drugs, and how much they’ll cost
- Find out if your doctor is in the plan’s network (if the plan has a network)
- Enroll online in the plan of your choosing
… all by using one tool. eHealth’s plan comparison tool lets you do all of this at your convenience, anytime you choose. Anytime, that is, as long as it’s during one of the Medicare Advantage enrollment periods. See below for more on that.
Just click the Find Plans button on this page to begin.
When to enroll in Medicare Advantage
There are certain time periods when you can sign up for a Medicare Advantage plan. Here’s a quick list of the main enrollment periods:
- During your Medicare Initial Enrollment Period. For most people, this is the seven-month period that includes your birthday month when you turn 65; the three months before that; and the three months after your birthday month.
- During the Annual Election Period (AEP), from October 15 – December 7 every year.
- During a Special Enrollment Period, if you qualify for one.
Read more about Medicare Advantage enrollment periods.
Again, just click Find Plans on this page to get started enrolling in a Medicare Advantage plan, or comparing plans. Feel free to reach out to me by using the links below – I can send you a personalized email with information about Medicare Advantage plans, or we can arrange a time to talk.