Medicare Zero-Dollar ($0) Plan Premiums
This article was updated on: 02/25/2016
Medicare Part C (Medicare Advantage) plans are required to offer at least the same amount of coverage as Original Medicare, Part A and Part B (except for hospice care, which remains covered by Medicare Part A). Medicare Advantage plans are sold by private insurers that have contracted with the Medicare program.
What additional services Medicare Advantage plans cover will vary from plan to plan, and so will your copayments and coinsurance. Some Medicare Advantage plans may also include additional benefits that Original Medicare does not; for example, vision, dental, hearing, and prescription drug therapy.
Some Medicare Advantage plans may even feature a zero-dollar ($0) premium. While these plans may work well for some, it is important to note they are not necessarily the cheapest Medicare Advantage offerings in your market.
These zero-dollar Medicare Advantage plan premiums may include higher prescription drug costs, copayments, and deductibles. No matter which Medicare Advantage plan you join, you must continue paying your Part B premium as well.
Do you have more questions about Medicare Advantage? Want to talk about all the Medicare plan options in your area? I can help you there.
- Check out my profile. Access it using the “View profile” link below. This will give you a pretty good sense of who I am and why I enjoy helping people understand Medicare.
- Use the other links below to arrange a time to speak with me on the phone. I can email you information ahead of time to get you started.
- If you’d like to explore on your own for now, click the Compare Plans buttons on this page to browse the private Medicare plans available in your area.
- Have an urgent question? Please feel free to call Medicare.com’s licensed insurance agents at 1-844-847-2659, TTY users 711; Monday through Friday, 8AM to 8PM ET.
TTY users 711
Plans and Save
Our shoppers found an average saving of $961/year*
Can’t Find the Answer You’re Looking For?
- Talk to a Licensed Insurance Agent
- TTY Users 711
- Mon - Fri, 8am - 8pm ET